Costa Rica: Turtles,
Whales and Dolphins
On this coast to coast Costa Rica trip you’ll journey through and discover the Caribbean coast, the highlands of Costa Rica and the Pacific coast.
With a focus on turtles, whales, dolphins, and birding, this itinerary allows you to observe different habitats for wildlife. We’ve also added a touch of local culture and community interaction to the mix and you’ll be able to taste the differences unique flavors of our local cuisine from the Caribbean and Pacific coasts.
If you are a first time traveler to Costa Rica, there is no question that you’ll be planning your next adventure in Costa Rica before it’s over! There are so many ways to discover and enjoy other areas of this little treasure.
This tour is available only during the turtle and whales season in Costa Rica (July – October)
- Green sea turtles nesting at Tortuguero beaches
- Experience the unique Caribbean culture of Costa Rica
- Home lunch in the high mountains with locally made wine
- Whales and Dolphins tour in Marino Ballena Park
- Small groups
- Go with the best guides!
Whale season is August - November
Welcome to Costa Rica!
Upon your arrival in San Jose and after passing through Immigration, you will be met by a member of the National Chamber of Tourism (CANATUR) who will give you a sticker with your name and Costa Rica Sun Tours logo. This will allow our representative to identify you after you exit the airport building. After clearing immigration and customs, exit the airport terminal and look for a Costa Rica Sun Tours representative who will be waiting for you holding a sign with Costa Rica Sun Tours logo and your name on it. He/she will greet you and present you with land portion vouchers and transfer you to your hotel in San Jose.
Early this evening, join your guide for an orientation briefing where you will have the opportunity to get an overview of the following days activities, ask questions to prepare for the trip.
- Before leaving home make sure you packed your passports, medicines, medical prescriptions and anything you will need during your trip.
ACTIVITIES AND SERVICES
- Private arrival transfer San Jose Intl. Airport.
- Orientation briefing 06:00pm.
- One night lodging at the Park Inn by Radisson in San José, breakfast and taxes included.
- International airline tickets and entree fees to Costa Rica.
- Incidentals like: laundry, phone calls, alcoholic drinks, spa services, tours, meals not specified on the itinerary.