Extend My Vacation
7 to 10 days is never quite enough is it? Maximize your time in Costa Rica by extending your trip with Costa Rica Sun Tours. We have a variety of options to choose from that can be added to your already amazing vacation either before or after your primary adventure.
Talk to your travel designer to see what best suites your time frame and activity level and personal interests or goals.
Visit a world premiere destination for naturalists, famous for its canopy bridges – a great opportunity to see the unique wildlife from above! Hike through the Monteverde Rainforest Reserve where you will find different species of birds, reptiles, mammals, among others. This tour is great for nature lovers!
Looking to visit Arenal? Take a look at this combination of waterfalls, coffeera plantation, hikes, suspended bridges and a cultural experience…. All in 3 days!
These mini adventures and more can be added to your trip either before or after the original dates.
- While the volcano has not exhibited any activity recently, scientists still believe that it Arenal is not dormant. There is a good chance that it may return to its previous majesty at any time.
- Beside the volcano, this town has other great tourist attractions like the La Catarata de la Fortuna or the La Fortuna Waterfall, a breathtakingly beautiful waterfall that falls from a dizzying height of 70 meters.
- Another key attraction nearby are the numerous beautiful and relaxing hot springs.
- Known as our Adventure Mecca, this region has plenty to offer including white-water rafting, hiking, kayaking, horseback riding and more.
- Manuel Antonio - Spend an additional 2 nights relaxing on the stunning Pacific coastal beaches of this laidback town. The famous National Park and its white sand beach is for sure well worth to visit!.
- Guanacaste- As one of the most popular provinces in Costa Rica, Guanacaste has gained a name for itself as a tropical paradise with a pristine shoreline, beautiful mountain ranges and a number of volcanoes. Visitors are drawn to the long summer days, active culture and unparalleled wildlife.
SAN JOSE EXTENSION:
- Visit the Museum of Contemporary Art and Design inside CENAC or tour the Jade Museum in the Instituto Nacional de Seguros here.
- If you have kids, a great place to take them would be to the Children's Museum on Calle 4.
- To get up close and personal with the residents of this city, visit the many local mercados or markets such as the Mercado Central on Avenue Central.